5/21/2013: New Feature Release - eCard Inbox Delivery
4/5/2013: Tips For Creating an Online Survey
3/14/2013: Saint Patrick's Day
2/10/2013: Valentine's Day eCards - We Love Having You as a Customer
By Sarah Miller
I attended the same seminar as Lou and I was disappointed that it didn't even cover the basics. If you were still left in the dark, or you didn't get to go to the seminar, here's what the average person needs to know about search engine optimization.
Sarah E. Miller
Set Now Solutions
- Every page on your web site should be optimized for keywords people are typing into search engines to find products or services like yours. There are several services which enable you to do this research.
- Write good copy that motivates the web site visitor to explore more of your site and buy from you. Use the keywords/phrases you discovered from your research.
- Create links to other pages within your web site that use the keyword of the page you are taking them to.
- Your file name should contain the keywords used on that page.
- There are HTML META tags that you can't see when you view a web page but you can view them in your HTML editor. These tags are not as important as your page copy but they can help. Here are the specifics:
- The Title tag should be 40-60 characters
- The description tag should be 250 max. characters
- The keyword tag should have up to 10 keywords/phrases but search engines stopped reading this tag because it was abused.
- Get other web sites with a good ranking to link to yours with your keywords being the linked words.
That's it in a nutshell! You should start seeing results in about a month after you optimize your web site. There are more little things you can do, if it starts getting more competitive for your keywords, and you may need to call in a professional. Let's just hope you don't sell widgets! :)
website production | internet business | gallery | free advice | about | contact | sitemap
Set Now Solutions – a new direction in internet production
All content © 1996-2013, Set Now